Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rotation #1!!!

So clinical rotations began just yesterday. My first rotation is in family medicine, so there's quite a variety of issues that patients come in with. Flus/colds/sore throats/etc are far and away the leading causes of people coming in. The first day was probably the hardest since I didn't know the flow of the clinic, or the preceptor's preferences, etc. Now that I know just a little big more about things it's a bit easier. I still forget a lot, and feel dumb most the day, but today I think I did several things right, and answered a few questions correctly, so that's encouraging! I know I'll progress as time goes on, it's just hard being patient, waiting for improvement (and working VERY hard for it too- I've been studying all night!). I won't bore you with the few cases I've seen, like I said, mostly just pretty typical stuff. But if I get a funny story or something interesting I'll definitely post it!

Also, it's amazing how fast I've adjusted to the move- this new place already seems like a temporary home and I think it helps to feel like I'll only be here a few months because it makes me feel like my home is now elsewhere...which it is, back home where my heart is. Living at my other place in the first year of school seemed more permanent somehow, so it's kinda nice to know that I'll only be here a short while and that soon (soon being relative when it's 15 months) I'll be back where I belong. But for now, it's quite an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment